Books on the Go
FDPL offers homebound services to patrons residing in the city of Fort Dodge through our “Books on the Go” program. Homebound is defined as being generally confined to one’s residence either temporarily due to illness, accident or surgery, or permanently due to disability, age, or other mobility issues.
Fill out an application in person, download the PDF form online, or call to request one by mail. Return the completed form to FDPL. For questions contact the Adult Reference Desk at 515-573-8167 ext. 6224 or by email.
- A valid library account in good standing is required to participate. Permanently homebound patrons’ cards will be kept on file at the library.
- Homebound deliveries will be made approximately once every three weeks by volunteers.
- Homebound patrons are not charged overdue fines, but may be charged for any materials that are lost or damaged.
- Homebound patrons are responsible for all library materials left in their possession.
- Selections will be made according to the preferences of the homebound patron. Patrons may request specific titles including best sellers and popular DVDs. Patrons may also place holds on items through their delivery person, by phone, in writing, through email or online.
- If a homebound patron would like to borrow an item the library does not own, the library will consider it for purchase or borrow it through interlibrary loan.